Friday, October 25, 2013

the eye of the storm

wish i could say it better than others, but truly I cant there are too many saints to have lived before me that say it so much better so...

i would like to share a little hymn that helps me get through tough times

in the secret of his presence
how my soul delights to hide
oh how precious are the lessons
which Ive learned at Jesus' side
earthly cares can never vex me, neither trials lay me low
for when Satan comes to tempt me
to the secret place I go

when my soul is faint and weary, neath' the shadow of his wing
there is cool and pleasant shelter, and a fresh and crystal spring
and my Savior rests beside me, as we hold communion sweet
I can never, never utter what he says when thus we meet
what he says when thus we meet

only this i know i tell him all my thoughts my griefs, my fears
oh how patiently he listens, and my drooping soul he cheers
do you think he n'er reproves me? what a false friend he would be
if he never never told me of the sins which he must see
of the sins which he must see

would you like to know the sweetness of the secret of the Lord?
go and hide beneath his shadow, this shall then be your reward
and when'er you leave the silence, of that happy meeting place
you must mind and bear the image, of the Master in your face
of the master in your face


This was written by an Indian house wife, who had no great name or influence, and many many years later her imprint of worship is still being shared all over the world!!!

Message i take from that? Worship will be shared and blessed, and spread, nomatter the meager beginnings, because it isnt about us, its about Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment